There are many moms and dads who are educating themselves on the benefits of babywearing and the satisfaction of carrying their toddlers and babies close to them in a carrier or in a sling. Moms and dads often find it troublesome to carry their toddlers and babies in their arms while they go out somewhere as they feel that their hands get blocked keeping them from doing other tasks. This is why they choose to carry their babies in a device of sorts.
There are slings as well which also help you carry your baby by alleviating the pressure on your back and arms. Although there are different types of devices that you can find in the market, something that differentiates them from other baby carriers is that the slings don’t have openings for the baby’s legs.
Common varieties of baby slings
If you watch out for a baby sling in online Australian stores, you will come across a few of the most common varieties of slings available on the market. Here are a few of them.
- Wraps: Wraps are both versatile and simple at the same time. You just need a long piece of fabric between 2 and 6 metres in length and any type of fabric can be used easily. You can use sheets, scarves and blankets. Wraps are easily adjustable and customisable. For safe and protecting wraps it is better to get a proper article from an online retailer.
- Ring slings: These kind of slings can be used right from the time of birth to toddlerhood. By utilizing a length of cloth, dynamic tension is created where one end of the cloth is sewn into 2 rings. The cloth is wrapped around the body of the baby from shoulder to the opposite hip and again moves up to the shoulder. The wearer can carry the baby on the hip, on the front and on the back with these ring slings.
- Pouches: Such slings are formed with a piece of fabric sewn in tubular shape and they generally don’t have straps or rings, though some do. The wearer or the parent slips the pouch from the head and from one shoulder. There are many paediatricians which don’t recommend pouch slings as they might suffocate the baby in a wrong manner.
Benefits of baby carriers
- Breastfeeding can be easier in ring sling
Ring slings are the most common kind of soft carrier and they are found among most retailers. They are versatile and can accomodate newborns and also toddlers. As they even come padded, they can be comfortable for breastfeeding as well.
- Baby carriers distribute weight evenly
Wrap-around baby carriers are stretchy and non-stretchy. The process of tightly wrapping the baby creates a nice hold for the baby and it also distributes weight in a proper manner among two shoulders. You can even breastfeed in such slings.
Hence, if you’re wondering about the different ways in which you can carry your baby in the best manner without tying up your arms, you can take into account the above mentioned information and details.